The team members shall have the following skills:
• Research skills
• Team work skills
• Communication skills
Students of UNIPU are not familiar with the concept of SPIN. The challenge would be how to reach entire student population of UNIPU in order to inform, educate, interest and attract them to join the SPIN.
So, what could be the best way to attract them, how to encourage them to materialize their entrepreneurial ideas? Enhancing the impact of SPIN in student population will improve entrepreneurial culture among students and in the society.
SPIN stands for Student Business Incubator, designed to assist students of the Juraj Dobrila University in Pula, with the desire to develop and commercialize their ideas and start their own businesses. Students accepted in the SPIN have all the facilities needed, as well as coaching by the professors as their mentors. SPIN has so far given birth of 4 startups and has continuously open call for new tenants.
The target group are the students of the Juraj Dobrila University of Pula (UNIPU), who are not aware of the opportunities and possibilities offered by the SPIN.
• The idea/concept/prototype is expected to be delivered by the team of young talents
• The team will be given the knowledge and information needed for creating innovative solution, as well as experience of actual a former tenants of the SPIN
SPIN - Studentski poduzetnički inkubator
1. About the Seeker:
- Description of company/institution:
Juraj Dobrila University of Pula was founded on the 11th of October, 2006, and it was registered with the Commercial Court Registry in Pazin on the 21st of December 2006, as a legal successor of the "Dr. Mijo Mirković" Faculty of Economics and Tourism, Faculty of Philosophy in Pula and Higher Teacher Education and Training School in Pula.
- Vision: where do you see the company/institution in 5 years?
Become a universally recognizable university committed to achieving excellence in research activities, artistic creativity and educational experience, thus becoming an important partner in initiating social change and improving the quality of life.
Where we see SPIN?
• SPIN will be an accelerator of University students‘ startups.
- Description of the specific unit/department/function that opens the challenge and how the challenge will be integrated in the company vision:
Student entrepreneurial incubator is a part of Juraj Dobrila University of Pula, which is made of different components regarding scientific fields.
The results will help in future activities and development of SPIN but also will help the University to become a partner which initiates social changes and improves quality of life, not only for the students, but also of the community.